1. Steph indicates that “Kindness is a choice.” She tells Nora that her team chooses kindness. Do you believe that practicing kindness is a choice? How can you implement this in your life?
2. At the beginning of the story, Davey and his mother are estranged. Later, Davey learns that things weren’t as they had seemed. Has this ever happened to you? If so, did you learn anything from it?
3. Steph turned to the Law of Attraction for help after she was diagnosed with cancer. Are you familiar with the Law of Attraction? What are your thoughts on this law?
4. Nora’s grandfather tells her, “When you dwell in the past, you’re giving away your personal power to create what you want in this moment.” What do you think this means? Do you agree?
5. Nora’s grandfather tells Steph, “You can’t use the now as a tool for avoidance. You can be focused in the present moment while taking actions that move you toward your desired future.” Do you believe this is possible? How can you balance living in the now while at the same time creating the future that you desire?
6. Another Pap-ism: “Your mind is the only thing that keeps you from living in the present.” Do you agree? Why or why not?
7. Cruz is solid, steady, and wise throughout Nora’s Promise. The other main characters—Nora, Davey, and Steph—all go through significant growth. Who do you think grew the most and why?
8. Cruz tells Davey, “There’s always a choice.” Cosmo tells Nora the same. What do you think—is there always a choice? Why or why not?
9. Nora’s grandfather advises that there is a broader purpose to her life and that the next steps will come to her at the right time. Do you think this is true for everyone? Why or why not?
10. Davey tells Nora that she doesn’t need to label her cows as pets and that she doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. Why do you think he made this statement? Are labels helpful or limiting? Can you think of examples to support your position?
11. Steph, and later Nora, practiced gratitude to ground themselves. They used a simple technique of closing their eyes and silently listing their gratitudes. Have you ever practiced gratitude—meditatively, journaling, or through another method? How did it make you feel?
12. Nora learned that she could discern whether her “little voice” was her mind or intuition by tuning in to how she felt. Have you ever used your feelings to guide you? If so, what was the outcome?
13. Nora breaks up with Davey after her lifestyle clashes with his career. Did she do the right thing? Why or why not?
14. Steph and Cruz had a secret crush on each other in high school, but Cruz’s friend, Tuck, beat him to asking Steph out. Tuck married Steph, but Steph and Cruz remained friends and married a couple of decades later. Do you believe that love will always find a way even if it takes decades?
15. In order for Nora and Davey to make the changes necessary for their happily ever after they both had to grow spiritually. Nora had to learn to focus in the present moment and Davey needed to learn to trust the universe and align with his own values. Do you think spiritual growth is an important component in most relationships? Can you think of examples to support your position?
If you like fast cars, strong heroines, and sizzling chemistry, then you’ll love this contemporary love story. Tap the link to buy the book today!